Well, while I have quite a few personal resolutions, I'm only going to list the (semi)realistic ones on here so that no one can hold anything against me in eleven months.
1. Start blogging.
I have always wanted to start a blog, but (as with most things in my life) laziness and procrastination always triumph over determination and will. So I've always put it off in the past. Not this year. As you as my witness, I solemnly do swear to start documenting the more interesting events in my life. Also, I'm starting a cooking blog to track my progress in becoming an expert in the Culinary Arts.
2. Give back.
Given my current situation, I seem to have a lot of free time on my hands. For the past year, I've typically spent it on job hunting, watching the Food Network, baking, cleaning or playing games. This year, I want to try to give back to the community. While I have absolutely no money to contribute to charitable organizations, I've got nothing but time.
3. Get hired.
Being unemployed sucks. Sure, the first few months were great - sit at home and do nothing all day, avoid traffic by running errands while everyone else is at work, plan weddings... But I've done all that and now I NEED a job. Mostly because we NEED the money. But also because I NEED to get out of this house and actually contribute to society. I have never felt so useless in my life. True story.
Well, there you go - my New Year resolutions as well as a little peak into my life. I hope I haven't scared anyone away yet. Keep in mind that I'm a blogging virgin who couldn't even keep up with a Xanga account in high school. But hey, at least I'm trying, right? Check back every so often and hopefully I'll have a shiny, new post for you. Plus, be sure to check out my cooking blog for some delicious recipes and insights into my culinary explorations :)
Until next time...
Britt P.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment